“Helping individuals and families protect legacies is rewarding work”
Lynne Bruzzese, Attorney at Law P.C., Durango CO
Whether developing an estate plan, helping to administer a probate estate or trust, or resolving a disputed matter in court, Lynne Bruzzese serves as a trusted advisor, advocate and no-nonsense litigator who applies a balance of compassion, practicality and toughness to help achieve the outcomes sought by her clients. She finds reward in working with individuals and couples to support their estate planning goals, and with fiduciaries, estate and trust beneficiaries, and creditors to help identify the most cost-effective, creative, non-litigation alternatives to resolving disputes in advance of resorting to litigation.
Her practice focuses primarily on the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, and related estate controversies. Lynne also represents parties in conservatorship and guardianship cases.
Lynne’s three decades of experience in general and complex litigation has been acquired in state, federal and tribal courts in Colorado, New Mexico and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. She has successfully prosecuted claims and defended clients ranging from indigent civil rights plaintiffs and individuals charged with crimes to fiduciaries tasked with protecting and prudently managing multimillion dollar estates and corporations.
In addition to working in the legal profession, Lynne, a Southwest native, has raised her three children, volunteered for numerous community organizations and events, and practiced and earned the rank of Shodan (black belt) in the martial art of Aikido since moving to Durango in 1998.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Trust and Estate Section, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Probate Trial and Procedure Committee (Litigation), Trust and Estate Section, Colorado Bar Association
- Southwestern Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado West Estate Planning Council
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. – B.S. in Psychology, Psi Chi International Honor Society
- London School of Economics, London, England – M.Sc. in Social Psychology
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico – J.D. cum laude, Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, and Order of the Coif
Pro Bono Activities
- La Plata County Small Claims Court volunteer attorney-mediator (2010–present)
- Southwest Colorado Lawyer Referral Program volunteer (2008–present)
- Supervising attorney, Tribal Wills Project of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law (2017, 2018)
- Tutor and Steering Committee member, Summer Pre-Law Program of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (1994–1998)